This delicious, fluffy and spicy apple cinnamon bundt cake will be your favorite cake of the Fall season!
Check the video recipe in our YouTube Channel
I love making this cake to share with friends or to have it at home to accompany a nice cup of coffee, especially at this time of the year. With the weather getting cooler and the kitchen full of apple bags from the last trips to the u-pick apple farms, there’s nothing better than making an Apple Cinnamon Bundt Cake.
Sweetened with brown sugar, this cake will melt in your mouth. Apple chunks and cinnamon are in every single bite.
This cake really does not need a frosting. I just sprinkled on some powdered sugar but you can frost it as you wish.
You can use your favorite apple variety, but I suggest you stick with the most sour ones. A couple of weeks ago we all went to a u-pick apple farm, and in the following week the kids also went u-pick with their school. They brought home 2 bags of McIntosh and that’s what I used for this recipe.
First you will need to gather all your ingredients. Make your mise en place.
The apples must be peeled, cored, and sliced ¼ inch thick
To get a fluffy texture you need to mix the butter with the sugar really well, for at least 5min. this will make a difference in your cake.
After adding the eggs and vanilla extract you can continue mixing until you get a smooth mixture. But after adding the dry ingredients don’t over-mix it or it will make your cake dense.
Every time you add flour to a butter and sugar mixture, you should immediately stop mixing once you no longer see any lumps. When you overmix cake batter, the gluten in the flour can form elastic gluten strands, resulting in a denser and chewy texture.
Now it’s time to fold in the apples with a spatula. It might seem a lot but trust me, you won’t regret it.
Spray a bundt cake pan with cooking spray (you can also sprinkle some sugar and cinnamon at this time) and Spoon batter into it. Smooth top with the back of a spoon.
Bake it at 350F and enjoy the smell of the cinnamon taking over your kitchen!
- 220gr Butter room temperature
- 270gr Dark Brown Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 5gr Vanilla Extract
- A pinch of Salt
- 4gr Baking Soda
- 8gr Baking Powder
- 8gr Ground Cinnamon
- 400gr Flour (you can also use 200gr regular flour + 200gr whole wheat flour)
- 520gr peeled, cored apples sliced in ¼ inch thick
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- First put aside all your ingredients. Prepare your mise en place
- Cream butter and brown sugar in the mixer with the whisk attachment.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract, whisk well until smooth
- Switch the whisk to the paddle attachment
- Gradually add in the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon. Don’t overmix and stop when you no longer see any lumps.
- Fold in the apples with a spatula
- Spoon/pour the thick batter into the prepared bundt pan.
- Bake for about 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the cake comes out clean. The baking times may vary depending on your oven. Keep your eye on the cake after 50 minutes.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan, then invert onto a serving plate once cooled and ready to serve.
- Sprinkle on some powdered sugar.
- Cover leftovers and store at room temperature for 3 days or in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Flavor is outstanding on day 2!
- Check the video recipe in our YouTube Channel