This easy orange cake recipe is very moist and it is so simple to make. It’s perfect for breakfast, tea time or as a simple dessert.
If you are having guests over and want to make a last minute treat, this is the ultimate no-brainer recipe. I mean, really, it’s too easy!
As a busy parent, it’s always nice to have a go-to recipe that can save your life in a chaotic day. This easy orange cake recipe has saved me countless times.
Before finding this recipe, I tried a few orange cake recipes but they all were a bit too dry or not orangey enough for my taste. What I like about this recipe is that the glaze adds just the right amount of moisture to the cake. As a result, you will get a cake that is light, fluffy and very moist. The whole family will love it.
- 1 whole big orange (not peeled)
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Oil
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- A pinch of salt
For the Glaze
- 150gr icing sugar
- 40ml orange juice (it’s best to use fresh squeezed juice)
- Orange zest (take the zest of the orange you are going to squeeze)
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Wash your orange and cut it in pieces, doesn’t need to be too small
- Whisk flour, baking powder, salt and set aside
- Blend the orange in pieces, eggs, sugar, oil and
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients in 3 steps/parts, blending for a few seconds each time
- Scrape the batter into the prepared cake pan
- Bake for about 30 min or until your toothpick comes out clean!
- Mix all the ingredients for the glaze and pour it on the cake once it’s already cool.
More cake recipes: